SET SEG Skilled Trade Scholarship
The SET SEG Foundation believes in supporting Michigan public school students in the pursuit of enrichment opportunities that advance learning and create opportunities. With the shortage of skilled trade workers in Michigan, we want to help revitalize these career paths and support students in their professional pursuits by giving scholarships in the amount of $500.
- Must be a Michigan resident
- Must be a high school senior attending a Michigan public school
- Must have been enrolled in a Career and Technical Education Program (and provide transcript)
- Must be enrolled in or plan to enroll in an accredited two-year college, technical school or other accredited technical institute in the next 12 months
- Scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded
- Awards must be used for school tuition costs or certification program costs
- Submit application and all supporting documents by 11:59 p.m., March 29, 2020
- Complete application online or by mail:
- Click here to complete the online application. You will receive an email confirmation that your application was submitted.
- Or mail completed application to:
SET SEG Foundation, Attn: Trade Scholarship, 1520 Earl Ave., East Lansing, MI 48823
- Write an essay 500 words or less answering the questions below:
- What is your career path and why have you chosen this path, specifically, this skilled trade?
- How will this scholarship make a difference in your life?
- Why do you feel you deserve to earn this scholarship?
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal or administrator in your career tech program
- Submit a copy of applicant’s high school transcript
- Scholarship winners will be notified by April 30, 2020
- As a condition of acceptance, scholarship winners will be asked to sign a SET SEG Foundation release form for the purpose of announcing the scholarship recipients via website, social media and publications.
- Scholarship winners will be required to submit a copy of their tuition receipt or expenses paid by the scholarship by December 2020.
Contact Lisa Truscott at email@example.com or 517-816-1616.