The SEG Self-Insurer Workers’ Compensation Fund is a member-owned, member-driven fund located in Michigan to serve the needs of Michigan’s public education community. The Fund has provided its members with high-quality, personalized and cost-effective insurance programs for more than 40 years.
- More than 520 members throughout Michigan
- 100 percent member retention
- More than $275 million in contribution reductions shared with our members to date
- More than 100,000 school employees insured throughout Michigan
BENEFITS OF FUND MEMBERSHIP
- Experienced claim representative assigned to each member
- Access to online claim reporting and analysis to streamline and manage claims
- Customized safety programs and loss reduction strategies for each district
- Access to Vector Solutions, K-12 Edition: Online safety and compliance training
- Access to the Workers’ Compensation Fund Safety Program which allocates resources to purchase safety products for use by district employees
- Access to the SET SEG EduSeries, a series of educational programs specifically crafted for school administrators and employees
SET SEG Loss Control services are offered at no additional cost to members of the SEG Self-Insurer Workers’ Compensation Fund. Our Loss Control Consultants offer one-on-one consultations, assessments, training, and informational resources to help you ensure the safety of your students, staff and visitors.
During on-site visits, your Loss Control Consultants will work with you to maintain site safety and identify potential risks and hazards to help keep your insurance costs down.
- Assistance streamlining internal claim reporting and investigative processes
- Onsite employee training workshops to address district-specific safety issues
- Ergonomic assessments of work spaces
- Hands-on review of web-based iCE system, including guidance on filing
- MIOSHA reports