The SET SEG Foundation is once again partnering with the Michigan Association of School Boards to honor Michigan public school programs with Education Excellence Awards. Ten educational programs within Michigan public schools and/or ISDs will be awarded the grant to continue their positive influence on their students and community.
Winners receive $2,500, a commemorative trophy, and a street sign announcing the district as an Education Excellence winner.
- Your program/creative approach must take place within a K-12 public or intermediate school district in Michigan
- Your program/creative approach must be deployed/in operation during 2023
- Districts that have won in the past are eligible as long as the criteria above are met
We are looking for original programs that change lives and impact students’ futures. Whether it is district or teacher-led, or even student-initiated, we want to hear from schools showcasing innovative techniques that better the environment in which they live.
The winning programs must demonstrate growth in one or more of the following categories:
- Education (STEAM and Literacy)
- Social Responsibility
- Mental and Behavioral Health Awareness and Prevention
- Innovative Education Delivery: Bridging the gap between virtual or hybrid learning
- $2,500 to expand and enhance your effort
- Commemorative trophy
- Education Excellence Award road sign
- Congratulatory email to your principal and superintendent
Recognition of Award
SET SEG will present awards onsite during district assemblies, board meetings, or special events, depending on the preference of the winning district. Virtual accommodations can be made if necessary.
Winners are provided:
- A template press release to submit to your district’s local news
- A mention in SET SEG’s publications sent to all members
- Press releases sent to SET SEG’s partners, including Michigan Association of School Boards, Michigan Association of School Administrators, Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals, and Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association
- Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges involved in public education in Michigan
- Submissions will be scored based on criteria and point allocations for each question within the application.
- All applications must be submitted by December 11, 2023, at midnight