The SET SEG Foundation, partnering with the Michigan Association of School Boards, is awarding $2,500 to TEN educational programs within Michigan public schools and ISDs to continue their positive influence on their students and community. Thank you to all who applied this year. Winners will be announced mid-February 2020. For questions, contact Cari Wolfe at email@example.com.
We’re looking for programs that change lives and impact students’ futures. Programs must demonstrate growth in one or more of the following categories:
- Education (STEAM and Literacy)
- Social Responsibility
- Mental & Behavioral Health Awareness and Prevention
- Programs must be in operation for at least one year prior to Dec. 15, 2019.
- Programs must be operating in a local or intermediate school district in Michigan.
- Programs must be original to the applicant and cannot be affiliated with commercially or nationally aligned programs such as Reading Recovery, Parents as Teachers, HOSTS, PALS, LINKS, RIF, Kiwanis Keyclub, Dave Ramsey programs, etc.
Award Recipients Will Receive:
- $2500 to expand your program
- Commemorative trophy
- Education Excellence road sign
- Congratulatory email to your principal and superintendent
Award Ceremony and Media
SET SEG will work with the winners to schedule an award ceremony that best suits each winning school. Whether it is a pep assembly, monthly board meeting or special event, a representative from SET SEG and/or MASB will present the award and congratulate the district on their achievements.
Winning programs will be featured in news releases sent to local papers, and members of SET SEG, MASB, MASA, MASSP and MEMSPA.
Program submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges involved in public education in Michigan. Applications will be awarded points based on criteria and point allocations for each question within the application.