The SET SEG Foundation is once again partnering with the Michigan Association of School Boards to honor Michigan public school programs with Education Excellence Awards. Ten educational programs within Michigan public schools and/or ISDs will be awarded the grant to continue their positive influence on their students and community.
Winners receive $2,500, a commemorative trophy, and a street sign announcing the district as an Education Excellence winner.
Congratulations to the 2022 recipients of the 2022 Education Excellence Awards!
Submissions will be accepted for innovative educational programs as well as unique approaches to delivering education, including but not limited to…
- Solutions that help bridge the gap between virtual or hybrid learning
- Successful systems for maintaining student engagement
- Educational programs that directly impact student achievement, community involvement, critical thinking, leadership, and social responsibility.
- Your program/creative approach must be deployed/in operation during 2021
- Your program/creative approach must take place within a public or intermediate school district in Michigan
- Districts that have won in the past are eligible as long as the criteria above is met
- $2,500 to expand and enhance your effort
- Commemorative trophy
- Education Excellence Award road sign
- Congratulatory email to your principal and superintendent
Recognition of Award
Traditionally, SET SEG has presented awards onsite during district assemblies, board meetings, or special events. In the event of continued COVID-19 concerns, we’ll plan to present awards to the district either virtually or in person, at the preference of the district.
Winners are provided:
- A template press release to submit to your district’s local news
- A mention in SET SEG’s publications sent to all members
- Press releases sent to SET SEG’s partners, including Michigan Association of School Boards, Michigan Association of School Administrators, Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals, and Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association
- Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges involved in public education in Michigan
- Submissions will be scored based on criteria and point allocations for each question within the application. Click here to view the judging rubric.
Friday, December 10, 2021