News & Events
Nov. 8-11 | MASB Annual Leadership Conference
SEC Trainings: Protecting Your District Against Acts of Violence
This fall SET SEG is offering trainings with Secure Education Consultants specifically designed for superintendents, business managers, and other members of a district’s crisis response team at no cost to members. The 3-hour sessions will discuss weaknesses and vulnerabilities that most districts face while addressing what you can do to protect your district.
Register today for a training near you:
- Oct. 9: Oakland Schools
- Oct. 23: Lansing Community College West Campus
- Oct. 24: Kent ISD
- Oct. 30: Bay-Arenac ISD
Learn & Lead Seminar Series
Learn from the experts on topics ranging from benefit compliance and administration best practices, to current trends in employee primary care access and legislative updates. Position your district to provide a successful and sustainable employee benefits program that will set your district apart for years to come.
Register for a seminar near you:
- Tuesday, Nov. 5: Lansing Community College — West Campus
- Thursday, Nov. 7: Kent ISD
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: Tuscola ISD
- Wednesday, Nov. 20: Oakland Schools
- Thursday, Nov. 21: Traverse Bay Area ISD
Enter SET SEG’s 2019 Holiday Card Contest
Calling all student artists! SET SEG needs your help to design our holiday card. The annual holiday card contest is open to students in grades K-12 in SET SEG member districts. The winning entry will be featured on SET SEG’s 2019 holiday card which is mailed to hundreds of recipients throughout Michigan. Please submit your original artwork by mail to the address below. If you have any questions, contact Cari Wolfe at email@example.com or 517-816-1659.
- Artwork should reflect the theme: Winter in the Mitten
- Original artwork only
- Must fit on a 5″ x 7″ sheet of paper in landscape format. Students are encouraged to completely fill the page but keep the design simple. Bold colors work best for the printing process.
- Must include on the back: Student’s full name, grade, school and teacher’s name.
- Do not include copyrighted images such as Bugs Bunny or sports logos.
- Acceptable mediums: watercolors, markers, crayons, colored pencils or a combination
DEADLINE: Friday, Nov. 1
SEND ARTWORK TO:
SET SEG, Attn: Cari Wolfe
415 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48933
Apply Now for an Education Excellence Award!
The SET SEG Foundation, partnering with the Michigan Association of School Boards, is awarding $2,500 to TEN educational programs within Michigan public schools and ISDs to continue their positive influence on their students and community. We’re looking for programs that change lives and impact students’ futures, demonstrating growth in one or more of the following categories: Education (STEAM and literacy), Social Responsibility, and Mental and Behavioral Health Awareness and Prevention.
Apply here! All applications must be submitted by Dec. 15, 2019.