Cyber Security -- Emerging Exposures & New Risks
- Employees provide the most powerful first line of defense to protect against cyber hackers and the misuse of sensitive information. Use the Information and Cyber Security Checklist to make sure you’re doing your part to protect sensitive information and safeguard the district’s virtual environment.
- Make sure your systems are secure – reference our Cyber Security Best Practices for a list of tips to prevent a cyber breach.
- Cyber exposures have increased as teachers and students are connected remotely at home – reference our Remote Work Best Practices: Cyber Breach Prevention to cover the three ways you can safeguard your district.
- Be aware of new COVID-19 phishing attacks and communicate them to the staff so potential threats can be quickly identified – reference our COVID-19 Phishing Attacks Awareness resource for a list of new threats.
- If you are loaning IT equipment, make sure to do so safely and protect your property – reference our Equipment Release Best Practices Handout and Equipment Release Best Practices Video for direction.